cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad 2012 failure authentication

guwy
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello Experts! So i have a brand new BE 2012 Sp2 server and 2 windows 2012 Ad servers, when i am try to test credentials for that always give me unable to browse error message. When i try to browse other windows 2012 server it works like a charm.... Do you have any idea what i am doing wrong?
7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If there is a firewall running on that server, either turn it off or open port 10000 to allow the RAWS client to communicate with the media server.

Also make sure that the RAWS agent is started on that server in question.

Thanks!

guwy
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi! Thanks for the advice, i finished the basic troubleshooting, the agent is up and running, i deployed with the backup service account. The weak point when i try to browse the resources from the backup exec...

CraigV

Are there any local policies that are preventing logging onto the server?

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

In the remote agent utility on the remote server add the media server's IP.

guwy
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Experts!

I double checked the policies, there no regulation in connection with logon. I added the backup server ip to the remote agent, tried to retrust the agent but i am not lucky today...

CraigV

...best to open a support ticket with Symantec around this. Post back with an update and then close this query off if they help you with the solution.

Thanks!

BJA32810
Not applicable

I'd be interested in hearing more of this issue.  I'm currently running a 2003 based domain, but looking at upgrading my DC's to 2012 very soon.    Although I woudln't be surprised if Symantec failed to properly test on a windows 2012 domain and there are still issues with their software.

they've made it quite clear, Enterprises just aren't supposed to want to upgrade to windows 2012 apparently.