cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adamm Database Event: Database Connection Lost!

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4

Hi all,

On the server application log, i encountered such an event which i couldn't find much info as to why and how to resolve this.

Adamm Database Event: Database Connection Lost!

Error = E_PVL_DB_LOST_CONNECTION

Server = “computername”

Active Node = “”

Instance = “BkupExec”

Database = “BEDB”

Connection String = “DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=computername\BkupExec;DATABASE=DEDB;

App=DEWS PVL"

The database is installed on the same machine so i suppose it couldn't be a network failure which causes this as shown from the article below.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87166

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4
Hi guys, Well, i wasn't at the server so i can't do much about this problem it is my customer's server. I did feedback to them about the findings and let their own IT department staff to handle this issue. Thanks for all the advises given.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, Open up BEutility.exe and run a comprehensive repair of the BEDB as per below: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67239 Also make sure that no AV is perhaps blocking the BE services, and if so, put in exclusions for them. Thanks!

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4
Hi CraigV, what do you mean by "put in exclusions"? or i just stop the AV services which in this case is running SEP.

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited
SEP has centralized exception where in it will not scan the files/folders you exclude.

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4
So it would mean that i have to exclude that particular folder which the BEutility.exe is located?

pete_4u2002
Level 5
Employee Accredited
yes, attempt to exclude services related to BE and check.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  Not the directory where BEUtility resides. If you want, you can set the exceptions In SEP for BE.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH105418

I have run SEP with BE without having to do any settings to either one to get them to work.  However as a test, you should turn off SEP on the media server as well as the remote server that is causing problems.

I hope that you are aware that for servers, the recommendation is to only install the AV portion of SEP and not the other portions like firewall, etc.

BE 11.x is EOL since 2008.  You might want to look at upgrading it to the latest version of BE so that it is compatible with newer technologies.

Nabil_polska
Level 4
Employee Accredited

hi,
please check first if the sql service is running  and also BEDB, this kind of errors means there is no communication between backup exec server and the databse  can be also  network issue and packets being lost
run also database consistency checker in BEutility.
Change database maintenance time
Run backup exec install repair ,
if still the issue occur there are two ways:
run special tests to analyze your network and connectivities ( log a case with support)
install new database for tests

pkh
   VIP    Certified

All these have been stated previously.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...maybe 1 or 2 extra things to try here, but please read previous posts and don't shot-gun a reply with the same stuff in...blush

Qingyan_Lim
Level 4
Hi guys, Well, i wasn't at the server so i can't do much about this problem it is my customer's server. I did feedback to them about the findings and let their own IT department staff to handle this issue. Thanks for all the advises given.