cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adamm Mover Error: MoverDeviceIo::GetPosition

jtaylor1
Level 4
This event showed up under Application in Event Viewer when we restarted our server yesterday morning.

Adamm Mover Error: MoverDeviceIo::GetPosition - m_wrapper.ReadPosition failed!
Error = ERROR_NO_MEDIA_IN_DRIVE

Any idea what this means, and if it's an issue?

Symantec BackupExec 12.5 SP3 Hotfix 336087
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

justin_g
Level 2
You are correct. According to Symantec KB (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340421.htm),
Hotfix 336087 is the cause of the issue.  You can safely ignore the error, or remove the Hotfix.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Dariel_Cruz
Level 3
I been getting the same after installing SP3 and updates, everything seems to be working fine as far as backups and restores, I have an IBM tape library, this smells like a bug introduced on SP3, I will wait some time for symantec to fix it before I put in the ticket.

jtaylor1
Level 4
Our server applies Windows and Symantec updates on Sunday mornings, and then restarts.  This message appears at restart, starting on 29 Nov 09.  It does not seem to be affecting our backups.

We're also using an IBM tape unit.

Support_CIS
Level 0
 I have tried to update the drivers but it didn't change nothing and I continued to get the error 33152 in Application event log. Finally I have uninstalled the hotfix and the problem has disappeared.

Good luck.

Dariel_Cruz
Level 3
I'll wait for next update before I open ticket...

rustypeterson
Level 3
I also have been seeing this same error and it seems to occur at the time that a tape is being moved from the tape drive durring a backup operation. I have checked and do not see it during regular importing and exporting of the tapes nor during a quick erase. I also have an IBM tape library.

I agree that it does not seem to be causing any problems even though my event logs are filled with that error message. Any ideas other than uninstalling SP3?

jtaylor1
Level 4
I haven't seen this error since 27 Dec 09, so I'm hoping that it has been resolved.

jtaylor1
Level 4
I spoke too soon, the message appeared again yesterday.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Have you looked at running diagnostics against that drive to rule out possible hardware failure?
Sounds like the robotics or the drive is causing the error.

Laters!

Mr_B_
Level 3

Errors started after installing: HF 334837, 336087 and 327039. Most probably uninstalling HF 336087 will fix it.

ERROR_NO_MEDIA_IN_DRIVE is given for all tape drives during startup of BE services. During backup job this error shows up: Adamm Mover Error: MoverDeviceIo::Write - m_wrapper.WriteData failed! Error = ERROR_END_OF_MEDIA.

justin_g
Level 2
You are correct. According to Symantec KB (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340421.htm),
Hotfix 336087 is the cause of the issue.  You can safely ignore the error, or remove the Hotfix.

jtaylor1
Level 4
Thanks everyone.

Dariel_Cruz
Level 3
so, does anyone know why this error happens? I dont feel that this is a fix at all, ignoring it does not make it go away, if I uninstall the hotfix then what am I really getting rid off? the fix (I hope) "fixes" something, come on symantec you can do better than this!!! try it, really, go ahead give it a real fix... ;)