cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Maintenance license to BE2014

sstrong
Level 4

How do I add a maintenance contract to an existing BE2014 server? If I select "Installation and Licensing", "install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server" it allows me to add the maintenance serial number but then goes to a screen to install BE core features and extras. Obviously I don't want to re-install BE... what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just keep gping through the install wizard without making any other changes

BE aware that all adding ths license does is add a countdown to maintenance expiry with an alert when it expires.

sstrong
Level 4

Ok, but why does it prompt me for "64-Bit Media Required". The current installation couold not locate the required media....

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This usually happens if you had installed BE from a network share. When this windows pops up, browse to the BE installation files and this should continue ahead with the install wizard.

sstrong
Level 4

I was more wondering why it is prompted for install media if it will only be updating the license maintenance expiry time.

maurijo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think its a default check that it does in case it needs it to install additional options. As long as you only add the license and don't change anything else in the wizard it will just add the license.