cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add deleted windows virtual machine (BE 2012)

bakker_ca
Level 3

Hello,

I deleted one my Windows virutal machines from my server list and would like to add it again.  It is hosted on an ESXi server.  I tried to add the server manully but after it is created, it shows as a windows computer, not a virtual machine, and the backups are not shown. 

Is there any way to recover it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try this

1) install the remote agent on this server.

2) do a backup of this server as if it is a physical server.

You should then see all the backup sets.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Delete this re-added server.

Recatalog the backup set which was created during the ESXi host backup by the VMware agent. Post the catalog, the server should appear automatically in the server list.

If not, un-install the Remote Agent on the VM & re-run a complete VM backup using the VMware agent. See if the VM now appears as virtual or not. If yes, install the Remote Agent & restores should be available.

bakker_ca
Level 3

How do I post the catalog after I do the recatolog?  I have not seen anywhere I can do that.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

"Post the catalog" is another way of saying "After the catalog job finishes"

bakker_ca
Level 3

Ok.  It did not help doing the catalog but I have a new issue which will stop me from doing other troubleshooting.

A few weeks ago, I moved the BE DB to a new server using the BEUtility.exe.  The old DB server was SQL 2005 and the new one is SQL 2008.  I moved it over without a problem and disabled the services for SQL 2005 on the original server.  The backups were working fine.  Yesterday, I uninstalled the SQL 2005 from the orignal server (where BE is running) and last night all my backups failed with "The job failed with the following error: Unable to load the job configuration information"  I have searched online but have not found anything that helped me with this.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to get this working?

bakker_ca
Level 3

I got the backups working by reinstalling the app.

bakker_ca
Level 3

After doing a full backup of the VM host the server did not appear after.  Do you have any other suggestions?  I have not installed the remote agent again on the missing server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try this

1) install the remote agent on this server.

2) do a backup of this server as if it is a physical server.

You should then see all the backup sets.

bakker_ca
Level 3

That fixed it.

Thanks for the help.