cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Already installed Media Server to CASO.

Aftab_Mohammed
Not applicable

I would like to add already installed Backup Exec 2010 to a Central Administration Server. I cant seem to add but only install.

When I created an Media Application Pool. I select the add media server option. However it only lists the Central Admin Server and not the rest of the Media servers.

Any ideas How I can add the media servers without doing 50 Push installs to already installed Backup 2010 Servers?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you want to make a standalone media server as a CASO server, install the CASO license key & proceed ahead with the license install...

If you want to convert standalone servers to managed media servers, you could do so by using beutility.exe...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You'd log onto each server and use BEutility to add the server to the CASO. It's simple enough, although it means logging onto each server.

That said, make sure you have thought out where you'd like the catalogs to sit...on the MMS or the CASO. Having them centralised on the CASO for example means that if the CASO dies, so do your backups...

You can replicate them between the CASO and MMS, or localise them on the MMS, in which case your CASO simply becomes a reporting tool...

Thanks!