cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new license key.

DMI16696
Level 4

I already have 5 license keys installed and are being used to backup remote servers.

I have just bought one new license key and when I add it in, it wants me to install the whole apllication again from scratch. Is this the correct why to add in just one new license key?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is normal. The process needs to access the installation media because you might be licencing a new option/feature and this needs to be installed

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This is normal. The process needs to access the installation media because you might be licencing a new option/feature and this needs to be installed

DMI16696
Level 4

OK, so follow the procedures as if it's a new installation? Will this change any of my current backup jobs?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

No. This will not change any jobs/settings.

DMI16696
Level 4

Ran into a problem, trying to add the new license and I get this dialog box,

Install error; Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance to setup.

I have also stopped and restarted all services and still get that error message.

DMI16696
Level 4

Ran into a problem, trying to add the new license and I get this dialog box,

Install error; Setup is already running. Unable to initialize another instance to setup.

I have also stopped and restarted all services and still get that error message.

DMI16696
Level 4

OK, the error cleared out, just took some time.

DMI16696
Level 4

Now everytime I select the new license from "Import Symantec License File", I get,

"The serial number that you entered is already registered."  See attached doc.

Also if this helps, I entered the new serial number and get this message back;

ERROR 2120028: The maximum number of registrations for this serial number has been reached.

No idea what this means.

VJware
Level 6

You have entered a "Maintenance" license. This is not the actual license and hence the count doesn't change. The actual product license will not have "Maintenance" mentioned.

Would recommend getting in touch with Licensing Team to obtain the right product license and maintenance licenses.

DMI16696
Level 4

The "Agent for Windows" A1322------ # 3 on the list, isn't that the agent I need?

Thats from the slf file I downloaded.

VJware
Level 6

Just checked internally with the Licensing Team. The M serial numbers and the A serial numbers are registered under 2 different companies. Would recommend contacting Licensing to sort this issue out. Thanks.