Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin console

Dipto
Level 3
 Hi,

We have upgraded our BE 8.6 to BE 11D.

Previously with BE 8.6, we had open Suite license so we could install as many instances of backup exec as we pleased for multiple user to monitor the BE.

One instance was installed on Media Server which is our tape backup server. Another was installed on a user PC. This way the user could connect from his instance of backup exec to the central sever and see jobs reports etc.

We are talking about 1 server only. What I want to find out, is it possible to have some sort of remote control for backup exec instance without logging on interactively to Media Sever. Some sort of administrator console that you can install on user pc and connect to Media Server would be ideal.

I was told that they are using different DB since 8.4, Access then and SQL now, and that is the reason it may not be possible.

Thank you for anyone that may be able to help me.

Thanks!

Dipto
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
 11d you can only manage a media server at the console or installing the 11d Remote admin console which requires admin right to the media server

Mark

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marksw
Level 5
 11d you can only manage a media server at the console or installing the 11d Remote admin console which requires admin right to the media server

Mark