cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Acrobat Reader was not detected

Ron_Russell
Level 3

I'm having an issue trying to create reports.  The troubleshooting says switch the reports from HTML to PDF to see if that is working.  I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader - restarted the server.  Still getting the message when I click on a standard report. 

The report preference is set to PDF; however, Adobe Acrobat Reader was not detected on this computer.

BackupExec 2010 R2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ron_Russell
Level 3

I tried all the suggestions and still am unable to get it to recognize Acrobat Reader.  Uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail.  Also got the error for HTML.  Followed the instructions in TECH 124715 & 125262 (similiar) since I received the Dell server with Backup Exec already installed and I had renamed the server. I am now able to produce the report in HTML - still cannot get it recognize Acrobat.  Consider this closed since I can at least produce the report in one of the formats.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

lmosla
Level 6

Hi Ron,

If this is a Windows 2008R2 machine you are make sure it is the latest version of Acrobat Reader that is supported by Windows Server 2008 R2.

Ron_Russell
Level 3

It is Windows 2008 R2 and I have Acrobat Reader XI which is the latest version.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...do you have a printer/Adobe printer installed on the server?

Thanks!

lmosla
Level 6

was the install to the default location or was it directed somewhere else?

Ron_Russell
Level 3

1. Install was to default location.

2. No I don't have Adobe printer installed.  I will install and see what that does.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You could try upgrading to 2010 R3 with latest patches (uses same licence codes as R2)

If UAC is enabled on the media server please disable it (just in case it is soemthign like that blocking detection or access to the reader)

Ron_Russell
Level 3

I tried all the suggestions and still am unable to get it to recognize Acrobat Reader.  Uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail.  Also got the error for HTML.  Followed the instructions in TECH 124715 & 125262 (similiar) since I received the Dell server with Backup Exec already installed and I had renamed the server. I am now able to produce the report in HTML - still cannot get it recognize Acrobat.  Consider this closed since I can at least produce the report in one of the formats.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are you running the QuickStart Edition of BE perhaps? There are a lot of features that are removed from the QS version compared to normal BE, and if so, not being able to print to Acrobat Reader might be 1 of them.

...in which case the only option is to upgrade to the full version of BE.

Thanks!