cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced File Open

WarrenC
Not applicable

We currently use Backup Exec 12.5 to backup remotly from another server. My question is if I purchase the advanced file open agent, will it enable me to backup open files in my current setup?

Backing up from another server, both in Windows 2003 environments using backup exec 12.5.

and if so, how much time will it add to the process? current backup time is about 3 hours 15 minutes.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The AOFO option is free from 12.0 onwards and no need to purchase it. You have to simply install that option from tools - install options and license key and check AOFO option and install it.

NO need to install it with remote agent on the windows server 2003 and later as it uses by default VSS provided by Microsoft.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The AOFO option is free from 12.0 onwards and no need to purchase it. You have to simply install that option from tools - install options and license key and check AOFO option and install it.

NO need to install it with remote agent on the windows server 2003 and later as it uses by default VSS provided by Microsoft.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...yes you can use it with your current setup to backup open files, but as to how much time it adds, it's like asking how long is a piece of string.

From my experience, it doesn't add too much time to the backups...just don't use AOFO when backing up databases!