cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Open File Option

Peter_Turvey
Level 4
Does the Advanced Open File option come free of charge for a trial period ?
The reason I ask is that I have just started to get a warning message that I have never seen before : "The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option. However files were skipped during backup processing. Please ensure that the media server is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File option".

I am trying, unsuccessfully at the moment, to use AOFO with the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy service option.
5 REPLIES 5

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Yes you can install the demo version of AOFO with the evaluation version of backup Exec.

Please select "automatically select the AOFO technology" and then run the backup.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Peter_Turvey
Level 4
So just to confirm :
I have created a Backup Job and on the Advanced Open File tab I have selected "Use Advanced Open File Option" and selected "Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service".

I have not yet bought any Advanced Open File License. Do I need to get one, in the same way that I bought IDR, SQL Agent and Exchange Agent ?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The AOFO licensing is done per server, you need to install one license per server you will be backing up using this option.

By default aofo will use MS vss writers. Is BE installed on a win 2K3 server?

If you are in evaluation mode, you can you do not need a license to activate this functionality.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Peter_Turvey
Level 4
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I am using Windows 2003 Server, but I have not bought Advanced Open File Option.
I HAVE got IDR, SQL Agent and Exchange Agent as well as the base product, Backup Exec v10

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- When you have Backup exec licensed then you need to purchase the AOFO license.

- The AOFO licensing is done per server, you need to install one license per server you will be backing up using this option.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.