Level 2
Symantec Backup Exec 10d  Ver 10.1  REV 5629  On SERVER 2003 SP2

I can open the log info but no info is shown in the list

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carlm
Level 2
I have corrected the problem!!!!

By renaming " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\10.1\User Interface "           to          " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\10.1\User Interface old " as a test. I opened Backup EXEC and it recreated the key. I deleted the User Interface old and everything is now working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This appears to be some sort of corruption with the database.  We can try a repair of the database. Please launch Backup Exec utility, to do so. Following document would walk you through the beutility:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276073

Please perform following steps in addition to "check database consistency":
Repair database
Rebuild database indices
compact database
age database
Check databsae consistency

Perform these steps in the listed sequence. Also, if this does not fix, you may try repairing backup exec installation. Also, make sure all theBackup Exec patches are applied.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

carlm
Level 2
I have done this and and reconfigure EXEC and this did not correct the problem

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
From the screenshot, i see there is just one job. Have you tried creating a new job, does it give same result? As a test, we may also try recover from a blank databsae, but you would be losing the jobs that are configured. Following document talks about how to do this:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/311530

Thanks

carlm
Level 2
I did this and had recreated the backup job, devices and such and the problem is still happening.

carlm
Level 2
I have corrected the problem!!!!

By renaming " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\10.1\User Interface "           to          " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\10.1\User Interface old " as a test. I opened Backup EXEC and it recreated the key. I deleted the User Interface old and everything is now working.