cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After backup completed destination server rebooting

vigneshwaran
Level 6

Hi,

We have configured Full backup on BE 2010 and the target server will reboot automatically after full backup completion. we have checked with Hardware vendor ahd they confirmed there is no hardware issue. I want to know is there any option in BE for restart target server once the backup completed successfully or is there any other reason for this reboot.

Thanks,

vicky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. There is no option in BE to reboot the server after it is backed up. You got to trouble-shoot why the server reboots itself

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. There is no option in BE to reboot the server after it is backed up. You got to trouble-shoot why the server reboots itself

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you need to check the Event Viewer on that remote server as this will indicate why the server is rebooting.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do check if there is any windows task scheduled for reboot (or if there is any post command set under Pre/Post command section of the backup job within BE)

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

By "target server" I am assuming that you mean the remote server being backed up over the network?

Does it only happen on full backups?  In other works, it doesn't happen for a smaller file selection or for an incrmental or differential backup?

My first guess (other than VJwares post command)  would be that something is going wrong with the snapshot provider on the server that reboots, but the event log should help clarify that.