cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After moving to BackupExec 2012 SP4 (on a new hardware) VM farm snapshots are failing

ComdaIT
Level 3

Hi all,

We have a weekly job to snapshot all of our vm machines (vm center 5.5, build 1750787).

We just moved to a new fresh install backup server: Backupexec 2012 SP4 (fully updated). 

When we ran the job on our previous backup server (Backupexec 2012, no SP), the job succeded as planned. But, after the migration to the new server, while using the same credentials the job keeps on failing every week. 

May I add the all the options within the job where copied checkbox by checkbox from the old server into the new one. 

Any suggestions? 

Regards,

Nadav. 

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What are the error messages? Make sure your credentials have the permissions given in the document below http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129645

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Quite surprising you were able to get a backup of ESXi 5.5 environment (considering BE 2012 supported this version only from SP3 onwards).

That being said, is this a migrated backup job or a newly created one ? If RAWS are present inside the VMs, have they been updated ?

Are appropriate ports such as port # 10000, 902, 903 open between the new BE server and the virtual hosts ?

ComdaIT
Level 3

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I changed a few things within the job hopefuly it will help, but with out any luck. 

@pkh : this are the error messeges: 

V-79-57344-38277 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual machine.

VixDiskLib_Open() reported the error: You do not have access rights to this file
about the credentials: I've tested them and the have passed succesfuly. 

about the credentials: I've tested them and the have passed succesfuly. 

@VJware : I didn't migrate any jobs from the old server, there are all new job. 

Yes, I've updated the RAWS on the server.

Yes, all the ports are open. The servers i'm trying to backup are with the LAN. Hopefuly after i'll find a solution i'll start backuping up servers from other networks as well.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a very generic error. Try the following first:-

1) Is the Agent for Vmware & Hyper-V license installed on the new server ?

2) Are you able to ping the ESX / vCenter from the BE media server and vice-versa ?

3) Try this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129572