cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After rename domain backup exec show error duplicate job error

Nuttachai_03
Level 3

Dear Sir

After rename domain backup exec show error duplicate job error "Renamed server , backup data available for restore" can't delete

Capture.JPG

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you tried the following: 1. Opened up beutility.exe and run a repair on the BEDB? 2. Considered recreating the duplicate job? Also, NEVER put your domain details into a post...you should be masking this! Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That is not an error it is a warning about why you have two entries for your server and is by design for this situation.

Bascially the backup sets from before the rename are all available for restore via the object that represents the old server and domain name. Although you will have to redirect the restore and as such cannot restore the System State any longer (which is a good thing as if you could it would put back the old domain name etc)

New backups will have to be run against the new server.domain name combination and the restore selections going forwards (and the 7 days activity) will only show against the current name for the future backups

If you dont want to see the old name in your list you can move that object to the retired servers group but be aware that to do a restore from before the date of the change you will then have to go to the retired servers group.

Hi, CraigV

after i run repair database on BEUTIL it's show error please see attached image.

i don't understand how to create duplicate job please explain more

about domain name on my image i'm mistake i will try to modify it , thanks

Hi Colin_Weaver

I don't understand how to solve this problem , please kindly advise me more details

sorry for disturb you.

Colin_Weaver

You don't need to solve this problem as it isn't really a problem because you almost certainly need to still have the object for the older servername to do restores (and the text you mentioned is not an error it is a reminder that the object is obsolete.

If you don't like having the object in the list of servers that you should be able to right click on it and move it to the retired servers group

If you can't do this then suggest you log a formal support case.

Absolutely i can't delete it , i will contact support case to help me delete 

Thank you.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the old server name still have backup sets referencing it, then it cannot be deleted.  It can only be deleted if there is no more backup sets referencing it.

Colin_Weaver

I wasn't suggestuing you delete it my suggestion was you use the option to move it to the retired servers group - does that work?