cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to Backup Exec 21.3, cannot restore files using point-in-time

riahc3
Level 2

Hello

We recently upgraded successfully to Backup Exec 21.3; Backups were going fine with no issues (at first glance)

Now, when trying to restore a file using the point-in-time method, we cannot; It only gives us the option to restore from backups before the upgrade.

The data is being backed up as if we restore the entire VM, mount the VMDK (this is Hyper-V) and browse, we can restore a file but obviously, this is slower (on top that we are backing up to tape)

Im looking at the logs and all I see is.

Backup- VRTSRV::\\HYP01\Hyper-V?Virtual?Machine\SRVWIN

V-79-57344-38721 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images:

I cannot verify that this is the same error (I have no idea why I cannot view the Job Log for older backups) for older backups. We had errors in the past but this is due to Linux VMs not being able to use GRT (correct me if Im wrong)

Does the error that I posted have anything to do with this? I looked up the error and the first thing that pops up is a Virtfile driver not being installed. I have verified that it is installed on the Hyper-V host and the VM so....

Can anyone help?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

riahc3
Level 2

I turned on debug logging but dont see any errors

Any tips?

riahc3
Level 2

I see this following error on the Hyper-V host:

14926 BEREMOTE 3316 10/01/2022 23:00:13 11796 - Win8DedupVolume::Initialize. Failed to get Volume Letter. Error code = 8004100E

14927 BEREMOTE 3316 10/01/2022 23:00:13 11796 [fsys\ntfs] - NTFS_SetupVolumeFlags:Failed to Initalized WMI for win8 with 8004100e.

But this seems to be on the Hyper-V host, not the VMs themselves.