cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Coexistence

jonessco
Level 2

In short can a BUE 2010 agent and a BUE 2015 agent coexist on the same server ath the same time?

I have a production situation where I have 5 Media Servers running BUE 2010 and 1 Media Server running BUE 2015.  All of the 2010 media servers backup data on themselves and various servers running that agent.  The 2015 server backus up only data on itself currently.  I know I need to upgrade all of the 2010 serves to 2015 but in the mean time one of the 2010 servers needs to backup data from 1 server with a 2010 agent and a server with a 2015 agent.  I need to know of i can get the 2010 agent to coexist with the 2015 agent on the same server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You can only have one BE agent at a time on one server.

BE 15 can work with BE 2010 R3 SP4 agent, but you would not get any of the improvements/fixes which comes with the BE 15 agent.  Also, you would get error messages asking you to upgrade the agent as this arrangement is meant for for the short duration of a rolling upgrade.

Note that BE 2010 cannot work with BE 15 agents.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  You can only have one BE agent at a time on one server.

BE 15 can work with BE 2010 R3 SP4 agent, but you would not get any of the improvements/fixes which comes with the BE 15 agent.  Also, you would get error messages asking you to upgrade the agent as this arrangement is meant for for the short duration of a rolling upgrade.

Note that BE 2010 cannot work with BE 15 agents.