Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Windows (GRT) Issue

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi all,

I have to backup my Active Directory then it was successful but there was an exception. Kindly see the picture below. After you seeing the message prompted. I am wondering because I am using the same version of Operating system for my Backup Exec Server and Active Directory which is "Windows Server 2012 R2"

AGENT FOR WINDOWS DOES NOT SUPPORT GRT.jpg

Hoping someone can help me with this.

Thanks and Best Regards

Jonas

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you applied the same Windows updates to both the media server and the remote server?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi pkh!

I didn't tried that before, but I remebered the license key of Windows Server 2012 R2 installed in both servers are different. Do you considered that as another reason?

Thanks and Best Regards!

jacobwilliam198
Level 2

I'm wrestling with BE2012 myself.  I did the upgrade on Monday.  From what I have seen so far, enabling GRT does NOT double the space utilization on your backup media.  Confusingly enough though, if you want to restore a file from a Guest VM, you must select the Guest VM and then click restore.  If you select the VC server and click restore, you will only get the option to restore the entire VMDK file.

Hi Jacob,

All I want is to restore the OU's, Users and Groups, etc. My Active Directory is not a Guest VM.

Thanks and Best Regards!