cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent for Windows

rustan_sh
Level 3

Hello, guys! Need help. After migrating from BackupExec 2012 to 2014 I am trying to add server -"Microsoft Windows Computers and Servers".

Server appears like virtual machine, not like physical server.

I tried delete old BE 2012 client and make clean installation, but it didn't helped.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This message is expected, however this will not prevent you from backing up the VM as a physical machine. I believe, you can choose not to show this alert again when the dialog box pops up.

Secondly, you can also open the Remote Agent utility on the VM, edit the Publishing tab and ensure the media server info is present.

In all, you can still backup/restore this VM as a physical machine.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...install the agent manually, and connect them to the media server.

If they show up as virtual within BE itself, remove them, and then try re-adding them.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

Was this machine ever a VM ?

rustan_sh
Level 3

Actually it is. But i need to backup it with agent for windows. In previous version it worked just fine.

Now i can see that agent for Windows is installed and version is 14.1.1786

VJware
Level 6

Even if it appears as machine with a "virtual" icon, you can still backup/restore the machine using the agent for windows.

rustan_sh
Level 3

If i am choosing virtual machine to make "Backup to tape" a message appears: "You have selected a virtual machine for backup. The recomended way to back up vm machine is to select the virtual host and so on."

rustan_sh
Level 3

It is very strange but when i am trying to make push installation of agent for windows it appears like physical server but after some time it changes an icon to virtual machine.

rustan_sh
Level 3

I already tried to make manual installation from BE2014 main installation window. But it didn't helped.

VJware
Level 6

This message is expected, however this will not prevent you from backing up the VM as a physical machine. I believe, you can choose not to show this alert again when the dialog box pops up.

Secondly, you can also open the Remote Agent utility on the VM, edit the Publishing tab and ensure the media server info is present.

In all, you can still backup/restore this VM as a physical machine.

rustan_sh
Level 3

Realy? This is new feature? Ok thanks. I will try.

VJware
Level 6

Yes, this alert message is new in BE 2014.