cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent not installing on Windows Server 2003

Etienne-Hugue1
Not applicable
Hi,

I have the evaluation copy of BUE 10d that I've installed sooner today. The server is working fine but I'm unable to install the agent on another Windows Server 2003 that is part of the same domain. I've tried to install it directly by copying the RANT32 directory to it an running setupaa.cmd but the only thing I can see is that the service is created (but disabled and telling me that it is to be deleted) and I can see the directory "Veritas" in "Program Files" that appear and disappear after about 1 minute. In the event viewer, I have an informational message telling that the installation failed with event ID 11708.

Anybody saw that before? What is the solution to this strange problem? Based on what I read, the evaluation copy is supposed to offer all the options for 60 days so it should not be a licence issue.

Thank you.

Etienne
2 REPLIES 2

Simon_Armstrong
Level 6
Check out the bkupinst.log file (in the winnt or windows directory). What errors can you see in there?

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please check the bkupinst.log on the remote server and check for last entry of "start time" in this check for return value: 3 or error.

Please paste that part of bkupinst.log.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.