cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents advertise, but don't appear on server

MitchR
Level 6

I have a large number of agents (+100) on a BackupExec 2010 R3 SP2 install.  A while back I noticed that not all of the agents that used to advertise on the server were showing up.  Now I'm down to maybe 20% of the full list.  Backups seem to run fine.

It's not a firewall issue, as most of the servers are on the same subnet.

The agents are all Windows 2003 or 2008, mix of 32 and 64 bit. I've checked the advertising settings on the agents, and even re-entered it on a few.  Didn't help.  This hasn't been a problem, until I need to edit the selection list.  I've had to resort to manaully adding them under "User Defined Selections" as a work-around - but I really want the advertising to work like it used to.

I suspect the problem started around 2010 R3, or maybe 2010 R3 SP1.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should upgrade to SP2 and all the subsequent hotfixes.  Make sure that you have Hotfix 180429 which fixes trust problems.

Remembe to push out your agents after the updates.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Mitch: It can still be a firewall issue if port 10000 isn't opened! You should check that...

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

pkh is partly right...do ensure hotfix 180429 is installed & the remote agents are updated as well...(this hotfix came out after SP2)...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why am I only partly right? My recommendation is the same as yours.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Only coz you requested the OP to upgrade to SP2, however he already mentioned that he is @ SP2..