cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All computers failed backup after service pack updates

Not applicable
I have recently updated the software on our Veritas Backup Exec for Windows Servers from your website. Last night, every computer failed backup, and I cannot add new computers to the job. Remote agent fails to install with an error "process cannot find the file because it is being used by another process". It doesn't matter which administrator login's I try, the agent will not install on several computers (XP Pro).

So I have two problems:

1. Every computer did not backup "final error 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server"

2. Remote agent will not install on several computers with XP.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Level 3
I had something similair happen and wound up having to reset the log on account that Backup Exec uses in services, for the job engine service.

Sharyn

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

Problem 1:final error 0xa000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server"

The error will occur if the Domain Security Settings are defined to Deny log on locally for the Backup Exec logon account.

This error may also occur if the Backup Exec logon account does not have the following rights:
-Act as part of the operating system
-Create a token object
-Log on as a service
-Allow to log on locally

To modify the Domain Security Settings, go to Start--Programs--Administrative Tools--Domain Security Policy. Expand Local Policies. Highlight Act as part of the operating system as the first right to assign.

Double click on the selection and put a check mark in Define these policy settings

Now click on the Add button and either type in or browse to the user account needed.

Follow the same steps for the remaining rights listed above. Keep in mind that Deny logon locally should NOT be defined. If it is, double click on it and deselect the check box for Define these policy settings.

Problem 2:
To install teh remote agent on the Win XP machine disabel the Force guset:

Refer the following technote:
How to disable "ForceGuest" in Windows XP Professional so that Backup Exec for Windows Servers can be installed on and can back up (protect) Windows XP computers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/241419

Thank you,

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.