cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All resources are empty after changing the password of Backup exec account

msaeed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have change the paswsord of my Backup exec 2010 R3 user account and then I changed it in backup exec through Tools>Backup exec services and under credentials. Since I have chnaged the password I am not able to see any thing under all resources..It says can not connect to the server press F5..All the services are started and there are no event logs aldo..Serivce for backup exec remote agent is also started....I have no idea what went wrong kindly assist me...It seems that the backup exec software is not seeing the the Backup exec server as a agent installed...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the Backup Exec GUI - Click on Network - Logon Account...Edit the System Logon Account details & ensure the new password is used..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

Under Tools - Backup Exec Services - Service Credentials - Enter the Service Credentials , verify if the appropriate account used ?
Also, under Network - Logon Account, is the appropriate account used ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...restart the services and then try again. It's possible that by changing the service account's password in AD and then in BE, has meant the services weren't restarted. This leads services.msc to see the old password.

Thanks!

msaeed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have restarted the services many times..infact restarted the server also...Apropriate account is used I have checked that...The account is same as the old one..I just changed the passowrd..before the same account was working fine..now I can not see any thing udner resources..Where to check for Network-logon account..

msaeed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have restarted the services many times..infact restarted the server also...Apropriate account is used I have checked that...The account is same as the old one..I just changed the passowrd..before the same account was working fine..now I can not see any thing udner resources..Where to check for Network-logon account

msaeed
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have restarted the services many times..infact restarted the server also...Apropriate account is used I have checked that...The account is same as the old one..I just changed the passowrd..before the same account was working fine..now I can not see any thing udner resources..Where to check for Network-logon account

VJware
Level 6

On the Backup Exec GUI - Click on Network - Logon Account...Edit the System Logon Account details & ensure the new password is used..