cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All resources to restore suddenly gone

_______311
Not applicable

Hi,

If some one could help me that would be greate. I try to restore some files and found that I am not able to make file redirection anymore. Couple of weeks ago was working fine. Now all network shared drives are gone. I tried to restart server and checked credentials. Everythings is just fine.

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try to create the Restore job in normal view without using the Wizard option. Please check if this helps.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

In worst case the catalogs are corrupt or missing. Can you do a catalog from a tape and try to restore again ?

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

Go to the Media TAB-->Right Click on any TAPE and click on restore..check if you get the same message.

Second optioon : Stop all the BE services and the SQL service for BE, Go to C:\prog. files\symantec\backup exec and rename the DATA and the CATALOGS to _OLD...create new DATA and CATALOGS folders...Run an inventory and Catalog job on a tape and run a restore from the tape.

hope this helps...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...also make sure all your services are started up...I've seen something like that when they're not all started correctly...

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This could not be Catalog issue at all. User is able to see and select the data for the restore. What he is not able to see is the Destination server and drives where the data needs to be redirect restore. So this can not be in Catalog issue

@ DevT: your steps about renaming the DATA folder may help. But you missed the step of Adding the Database files in the new DATA folder without which nothing will work at all. So after the new DATA folder is created copy the BEDB_DAT.MDF and BEDB_LOG.LDF files from the old Data folder to the new one so that all services and all will be started correctly

Thanks,

-Sush...