cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All submitted jobs remain in Job Status "Queued"

DavidXF
Level 2

After working with no problems for almost two years, our Backup Server running Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12.5 suddenly stopped working yesterday.  All submitted jobs (backup jobs, inventory, unlock, etc) stay in the "Queued" Job Status and never run.  We've tried both Backup-to-Tape and Backup-To-Disk and there is no difference.  Al jobs remain in the "Queued" Job Status.

We normally backup our files to an Overland LTO4 NEO200 Tape Drive.  We tried deleting the Tape Drive from Backup Exec, deleting the Drivers, and then re-creating the Tape Drive in Backup Exec and re-loading the Drivers.  This did not fix the problem.  We verified the Tape Drive is Enabled and Online and not Paused.  We created a Backup-to-DisK Folder to test with on the Server.  This Backup-to-Disk Folder had the same issues as Backup-to-Tape.  We also tried running jobs from various profiles, to be sure our normal profile did not become corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated.  We are running Backup Exec for Windows Servers 12.5 on a Windows XP Professional SP3 computer.  This Backup Server is setup to backup our two Exchange 2003 Servers.  Installed Agents are Remote Agent for Windows Systems, Advanced Open File Option, Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server, and Agent for VMWare Virtual Infrastructure.  While we have the VMWare Agent installed, we haven't yet used this agent to backup any of our new VMWare hosts.  Let me know if any other information is needed.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DavidXF
Level 2

Thanks for everybody's help.  I contacted Symantec Support tonight and we determined that the SQL Database was currupted.  We fixed it using BEUtility.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Couple of  questions to start with:

Are all of the BackupExec services started and running?

Any outstaning Alerts in BackupExec?

Are there any entries in the Event log that might apply?

DavidXF
Level 2

All of the Services are running.  The only way I can cancel the job sitting as "Queued" is to stop and then restart all of the BUEX Services.  I've yet to see any Alerts in BUEX.

I did find this in the Application Event Log.  It's listed as Information, not Error.  Not sure if it applies or not:

Source: MSSQL$BKUPEXEC, Event ID: 2803, Type: Information
SQL Server has encountered 3 occurrences of cachestore flush for the 'Object Plans' cachestore (part of plan cache) due to some databse maintenance or reconfigure operations.

This Event Log appears multiple times, apparently around the times I stopped and restarted the BUEX Services to stop the job hung as Queued.  Sometimes it is 3 occurrences, sometimes 2 occurrences.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Your event viewer error shows issues with the database connectivity.

This might be happening as per this TN.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129073

Just do it for BEDB.

If it still happens make sure you are not getting any eventviewer for the database reached to its limit and those kind of alerts in the event viewer.

DavidXF
Level 2

Thanks for everybody's help.  I contacted Symantec Support tonight and we determined that the SQL Database was currupted.  We fixed it using BEUtility.

theseng99
Level 4

Hello,

Have you tried this?

1. Go to Device Tab and right click on your server name.
  2. click Paused
  3. then right click again and check out paused.

Hope this way can help you because I found this problem also.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The user already said that he has solved the problem.  Please read his last post.

frankie_lee
Level 2

There is not problem for almost 1 year. But recently, the BackupExec 12.5 failed to complete and the job elapsed time runs infinitely. I eliminated the volume grow too big because even if backup only one file it failed to complete.

I have download and installed the hotfix and confirm that the patch is up-to-dated. However, it seemed also failed on the cleaning operation. I press clean option at the panel and select the slot with a clean tape. But a "failed" message appeared.

Did the job fail to complete related to the head? It's trouble on me, hope help. Thanks.