cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing Backup Operators (non-Domain Admins) to access Remote Admin Console

Steven_Eversole
Level 4
Can this be done?  Previously, all of the Backup Operators (1 in each of 15 offices) used the "BEAdmin" (service account), which was a Domain Admin, to log into the Console to check on the jobs that took place in their office.  For security purposes, I had changed the password of the BEAdmin account, but I wish for the Backup Operators to be able to access the Remote Admin Console using their own credentials.

We have a 2003 domain, and all of the BE Servers are on Server 2003.  I have all of the BE Servers set up as Managed Media Servers, and I use the Central Admin Server to manage all of the jobs of course.  The Backup Operators would still like to log into the Console just to make sure their jobs completed, however.

Can this be done without them using a Domain Admin account?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Doesn't have to be a Domain Admin, but it does need to be an account with local admin priviledges on each media server

used to be an free add-on called ExecView that non-admins could run that would let them view status, release previously defined jobs, and respond to alerts, depending on how you configured them.  This disappeared with v10.0

You could request they bring it back on the Enhancements area of the Forum (though it probably won't be added to v11, maybe we can get it added to v12

Steven_Eversole
Level 4
That answers my question...thank you much! :)