cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

An internal error (-22) occurred in object 10

i have a new backupexec 12.5 server running on a windows 2008 x64/exchange 2007 x64 machine

my services have stopped and won't restart, eventvwr shows these 2 error

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Backup Exec
Date:          4/6/2009 1:47:33 PM
Event ID:      57802
Task Category: (65535)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      srv-dc01.vgaltn.com
Description:
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start.  An internal error (-22) occurred in object 10.

 

 

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Backup Exec
Date:          4/6/2009 1:47:33 PM
Event ID:      58368
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      srv-dc01.vgaltn.com
Description:
Port 3527 must be available for the central administration server to communicate with the managed media server.

i already followed the technote to create HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Server\mqportid of which i already had set to 3537. but the services still don't start. i then set the mqportid to 3547 and the services started, but my device is now showing offline

the reason i'm look at the server is because the friday night job failed with the following error
Final error: 0xe00084ee - An invalid command was sent to the storage device.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34030


the backup did run fine since i setup last weekend.

anybody have any ideas on what to look at

 

9 Replies
Highlighted

Two of the problems that

Two of the problems that we're facing here separately and in combination, too. Changing the port is no option as we have a big CASO environment. Just found out that at least on one machine it seemed to be the live update process that blocked the beserver standard port - killed it -> services were able to start again.
Regarding the "invalid command sent to the storage device" ... we had that in the past updated the HP tape library's firmware and had two weeks of nice backup before we're now at it again. Tape device seems to be okay though as the HP tape tools do all the write and read tests just fine... Symantec drivers for the tape unit are up-to-date as is the driver for the HP SAS controller that the library is connected to... no solution in sight...
Highlighted

Any solution with this?  I am


Any solution with this?  I am having the same problem - BE 12.5 SP3 on Windows Server 2008 x64.  I can't just keep asking everybody to stop working and reboot the server.
Highlighted

Which one? Services not

Which one? Services not restarting? Or Invalid SCSI command sent to the storage device? First one is pretty simple... deactivate LiveUpdate from within BE GUI "Tools -> Options - > Live Update". Second one... no solution yet besides re-flashing the loader firmware.
Highlighted

The OP's problem - services


The OP's problem - services not starting.  I can't get into the GUI because the services don't start.
Highlighted

Check for a process called

Check for a process called "LUGetUpdatesExe.exe" and kill it - afterwards services should start up again. To avoid this happening again disable Live Update then.
Highlighted

I was getting some other


I was getting some other errors in the logs, which when googled pointed me to some Sym docs that essentially said, your .NET installation is corrupt - repair or reinstall.  So I repaired, rebooted, and all is well - for now.  We shall see what happens.  But thanks for the killing the LUGetUpdatesExe process suggestion - I may still have to try that.
Highlighted

TaskManager & End the Bexec Processes


Bring up the task manager and notice the Backup Exec processes that are running. I had 5 SVCManager processes running in the background. Ultimately just torch all the basic Backup Executive processes and launch the Backup Executive and just Start the services with the Bexec login panel. I logged in and was successful. My main issue was it kept getting hung up starting the Backup Executive Server service. So it had all the symptoms that many people state on the Forums but ultimately came down to the Old TaskManager End process Solution. I Hope this helps someone!
Highlighted

Thanks!  That did the trick

Thanks!  That did the trick for me, too!  So simple.
Highlighted

killing the

killing the LUGetUpdatesExe.exe  process worked for me.

 

Cheers!