cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown error has occurred for Exchange 5.5

Delvin_Paul
Level 3
Hi,

We are taking backup of Exchange 5.5 Server with Backupexec 10.0.5520 SP1. Our media server and Exchange server are running on Windows 2000. We are using backup to disk and then duplicate is taken to the tapes. We had setup a policy with daily incremental backup and weekly full backup with duplicates to tape.

The problem is while running weekly full back to diskfolder we are getting an error "Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred". This is not the first time we are getting this error. Now Im tired of this. I already checked the usual sources and we are running the services with correct user accounts and no data loss with the network. Last time when I reported this error with the support they were not able to solve the issue. Somehow it started to run again after 2 or 3 days. This time it have been 1 week. I also tried creating new backup disk folder and while taking data backup instead of 'Full Backup with system state' it is running fine. In some rare cases we are getting the same error with the other servers also. But it is only once in a month or so.

Please help me. Sometimes Im getting the same error for incremental backups also.
5 REPLIES 5

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276639

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Delvin_Paul
Level 3
HI,

I already checked that...and as I mentioned in the thread my jobs are running with correct user accounts.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please perform the following steps.
1)Go to the services applet and check if the " Backup Exec Device and Media Service" is not running under the "Local System Account".
2)Create a new BESA account for test purposes by following this technote.
"How to change the user name or password of the VERITAS Backup Exec Services Account in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers "
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276639
3)Create a new Backup to Disk folder and then try the backups if they are succeeding.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Delvin_Paul
Level 3
Hi,

Okay I will try that one...I have already tried by making a new backup to disk folder but not the new user. I think it works fine when we try it in a test folder but the real scenario shows problems in the long run..Anyway now I have recreated all the backup to disk folders and the job. So far good.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Thank you for that update, we will await the outcome of the scheduled jobs.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.