Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody knows what CORBA mean?

danilomarchetti
Level 3

Friends,

I need your help.

I've got to install a Backup Exec 12.5 to execute a backup of the Oracle RAC servers with RALUS, but I don't have idea what happens.

I did install and configure a media server and agent in the Linux servers and didn't get any error, but teh beremote generate the error below and the media server display the error code V-79-57344-5125.

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch0 channel at 04/30/2009 19:14:17

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file, name="BE_0kkdpqs8_1_1", parms=""

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: Setting job level error from script output to (0xe0001405)

4aa95940 Thu Apr 30 19:14:17 2009 : procMsg: BEError(0xe0001405) Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server. Confirm that the Backup Exec Job Engine service is running on the media server

Do you have any tip about my issue?

This issue is related with a RMAN?

What do I need to check to identify a cause of my issue?

Thanks very much and I'm sorry about my english.

6 REPLIES 6

chicojrman
Level 6
Can you please tell on which Operating System oracle is installed. And about what settings you have made after installing the remote agent. I need to know all this prior to tell you the exact configuration settings.
uninstall the remote agent and reinstalled it. Then properly configured the Remote agent and Backup server for Oracle Backups.

Can you provide me these information.
- whether you have enabled RMAN or not.
- Is backup agent of any other Backup Software is previously installed.
- You are able to perform backup to disk through Backup Exec or not

I want you to perform certain steps that will confirm that whether the Media Management Layer is properly configured or not. Please do the following:

logon to Oracle server
open command prompt and type the command - rman nocatalog
then type - connect target username/password@oracle _tns_service_name
here username = sys, password= sys's password and oracle _tns_service_name = oracle instance name.

then type - allocate channel ch1 type sbt;
if the above command line does not works it means there is some problem with Media Management Layer.

The solutions to this is to reinstall Windows Remote Agent on Oracle Server.
After you installed the remote agent
do the following steps:

Enable Archive log mode in oracle
create a separate user for backup oracle database with DBA and AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE Roles and with unlimited tablespace priviledges and set default tablespace as SYSTEM.
Open Backup Agent GUI
on the GUI under Oracle tab - select the oracle instance
type the username and password of uaser you created for backup orcale
type the name of media server under the media server text box.
On the last tab of GUI
give the proper credentials of user who has administrative rights of the server.
then type the server name
this will complete the backup agent configuration for oracle.

Now move to Backup Exec Server open Backup Exec GUI
On the tools menu click on options
on the option window select oracle under settings
then from right side click on modify a window will appear
type the name of oracle server and give the give the proper credentials of user who has administrative rights of the server.
Then perform a test backup of oracle database

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Try this technote.  http://support.veritas.com/docs/300786

danilomarchetti
Level 3
 Hi chicojrman,

So, the RMAN and Archive log is enable, the media server runs in the Windows Server 2008 64bits and the RALUS runs in the two server RHEL 5 64 bits, this is a Oracle RAC, I install RALUS 64 and I configure the instance and database access to use account root for linux and sys for user oracle.

I follow your tip about a allocation of the tape library and works.

I use the docs to configure all requisites.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/310332.htm
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311699.htm

Thanks for your help.

danilomarchetti
Level 3
 Hi Ben,

I try this and I didn't have any improvement.

Do you have more information?

I run RMAN script in Oracle server and I got same error. How can I test the communication between the servers?

Thanks.

danilomarchetti
Level 3
Hi,

I think the issue is an OS compatibility, I did install BE 12.5 in Windows Server 2008 when I check the open tcp ports with the command netstat -an I didn't see the 5633 port. But when I check the same thing in Windows Server 2003 all works fine.

Now, this is have a solution, if yes, how can I fix the problem?

Thanks

Jeferson_Sophia
Level 2
Partner Accredited
Backup Of an Oracle database fails with an error "Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server" if Backup Exec is installed on a Windows Server 2008.

Exact Error Message
Final error: 0xe0001405 - Unknown CORBA exception. Unable to contact the media server. Confirm that the Backup Exec Job Engine service is running on the media server.
Final error category: Resource Errors

When Backup Exec for Windows v12.x is installed on a Windows Server 2008, backup of an Oracle database will fail with the above error.
Oracle database can be local on the media server or remote on any Windows or Linux server.
The problem is with the failed initialization of the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) on the media server.

Ensure that the "::1 localhost" line is present in %Systemroot%\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts file.

Ensure that bit 5 (The 6th bit counting from the right) of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\DisabledComponents registry key is not set (if it exists).

In our case the value 0x000000A  (simple A in the regedit) for this key resolved the problem, the port 5633 listen after reboot  and backup executes normally. The sugested value 0x00000FF (FF) dont works for Backup Exec 12.5, as sugested in Microsoft documents about to totally disable IPv6.