cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have this issue?

James_Avery
Level 4

When adding a license file to BE2012, the process of adding the file unchecks ALL of the existing licensed products after its run so that you now have a trial installation and you have to re-run the licensing app and recheck all the appropriate boxes in order to have a working product.

This is REALLY annoying, but small in relation to the other MASSIVE annoyances of BE2012.

Jim

9 REPLIES 9

BE_EPM
Level 3
Employee

Hi Jim, Symantec is are aware of this issue and working diligently on a solution.  If you'd like to talk more about Backup Exec 2012 or to participate in usability studies that help shape future releases please email us at beusability@symantec.com.  This is a private mailbox for the Backup Exec Usability team and we would really like to listen to what you have to say, and to help make your experience with the product a good one!

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

@BE_EPM: Could you post URL of the Technote for the above issue.

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Dear Mr. Avery:

Can you please detail the operation that you were porforming? Did you have BE 2012 already installed and licensed and you added a new license file, or was it a fresh install or an upgrade? And how did you add the license data exactly?

Thanks,

UFO
Level 6

When you have trial BE2012 and then trying to add license - it works that way, yes.

James_Avery
Level 4

added new maintenance license files to server, clicked through to finish, and ended up with a Trial Version of BE. Went back through the licensing, re-checked all the previously checked boxes and ended up with a licensed version of BE.

Added a new license file for a new option, checked its box in the check box section, clicked through to finish, and ended up with a Trial Version of BE.

Rinse and repeat.

How's that?

BE_EPM
Level 3
Employee

These are the technote URLs for BE 2012 service pack 1.  To best of my knowledge, you will need to use the new 2012 SP1 full product installation media in order to experience the resolution to this particular issue. In other words, installing the service pack alone on top of a BE 2012 installation will not resolve the issue.  I expect that the new media will be available on FileConnect within approximately one week.

URL for BE 2012 Service Pack 1 is here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717

Release notes for the service pack are here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717

(This is the text within the release notes which I relate to this thread:  "When adding new feature/agent licensing after product was already licensed, prior licensed items become deselected and possibly put into trial mode if not corrected by the user.")

ForemanNZ
Level 4

I wondered why my BE had switched to a trial version!  All I did was add a licence key now its in trial mode :(

leigh_janes
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problems. I have agents installed, however the licenses are showing as trial. Also, not recognising the license for Applications and Databases. So I cannot see my information store from Exchange! I have a case opened... have not been able to tell me how to resolve it yet??

BE_EPM
Level 3
Employee

To avoid running into this issue, please be sure to download the new 2012 SP1a full product installation media before upgrading.  Installing the service pack alone on top of a BE 2012 installation will not resolve the issue.  If you have already experienced this issue you may need to re-add your license files. 

Information about the service pack can be found here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186717.  As noted above, you cannot just apply the service pack alone to resolve this particular issue.