cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append to media

ejdrijin
Level 4

I have a scenario where I have 6 duplicate jobs all set: Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available

I have an issue were the Tape is almost full ex:500MB left and the the 3th job will be 1.2GB. 

This will stop the backup. What could be done to solve this issue?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are using a tape library then BE will look for an overwritable in the library. If you have a stand alone tape drive then the tape will eject and you would be prompted to insert an overwritable tape To maximize the use of the tape the first job in the series should specify overwrite and not append

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are using a tape library then BE will look for an overwritable in the library. If you have a stand alone tape drive then the tape will eject and you would be prompted to insert an overwritable tape To maximize the use of the tape the first job in the series should specify overwrite and not append

Vishal_Shinde
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

Just to add what PKH has to say, any job spanned across a different media will never use appendable media, it always span to overwritable media only.

this is per design.

The issue discussed above seems to be caused due to unavailability of overwritable /Scratch media.

so to resolve this issue, please ensure to have enough overwritable media in the slots.

Regards,

S