cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appendable until - not appendable

Fredrik_M
Level 3
Hi, I have BE11d and overwrite period set to 4 weeks and append period set to 2 days, but I'm only getting one image per tape becase all my tapes are telling me "not appendable"

what have I set wrong??

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marksw
Level 5
I'm guessing you have already checked if the tapes are full. If they are then they will not be appendable. 
Also check and make sure about the append period.
If they are ok,
Are you using the symantec drivers for your device?

Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marksw
Level 5
I'm guessing you have already checked if the tapes are full. If they are then they will not be appendable. 
Also check and make sure about the append period.
If they are ok,
Are you using the symantec drivers for your device?

Mark

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Our overwrite period set to 4 weeks and append period set to 2 days. Lets understand how it works

Example:
Append Period : 5 days
Overwrite Protection Period: 1 day

Any media / TAPE using the Above Media set will append to the media / TAPE for 5 days and after the 5th day is over it will protect the media / TAPE for 1 day, this means that the Overwrite Protection Period starts AFTER the Append Period is OVER.

In our case the Overwrite Protection Period is 4 weeks and Append Period is 2 days, means the TAPEs will be protected for 4 weeks after the 2 days append period is over.

All the TAPEs allocated to the above media set are Overwrite protected as the append period is over and their is no TAPE associated with Scrateh media set.

Backup Exec will look if any media is appendable OR Overwritable first in the current media set, afterwords it will look in the Scratch Media Set, if no appendable OR overwritable media is found, it will throw the message "Please insert an overwritable media"

I think you should reconfigure Append period and Overwrite protection period.
If there are some TAPEs which are "Not Appendable" and no important data is on them, simple drag and drop them in "Scratch Media" making them re-usable.

Hope this will help !!!

Fredrik_M
Level 3
Mark is correct
my fault - extended the apend period and all working fine now
Thanks both

Fredrik

Hello dear,
I need your kind assistant in backup exec 2015
I have 5 tapes in tape library for daily backup I want to make them run automatically every day,what is the best configuration for mediaset to do that?

regards Haitham