cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argh!! Where is the product: Backup Exec for Windows Servers System Recovery Option ?

fatz2000
Not applicable
Hi

we are upgrading our Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Edition 9.1  (currently running on windows SBS 2000 which includes SQL and Exchange)
to Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Edition Premium 12.5

Currently version 9.1 has a Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) option included (- not sure how intelligent, but thats another story ;)
This allows me to boot from a CD and restore from tape to a blank server - all be it one of the similar/same hardware config.

I believe if I purchase Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 Server edition as well as Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Edition Premium 12.5
I would get the same functionality plus restoring to alternative hardware and a host of other virtual options which I'm not interested in.
Within the Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 Server manual on page 14, it states: 

And for a lower priced, streamlined version of Backup Exec System Recovery,
consider Backup Exec for Windows Servers System Recovery Option. This software
is built specifically for Backup Exec for Windows Servers customers. Included are
the necessary components to back up and recover Windows computers. It gives
you the same recovery power of Backup Exec System Recovery without some of
the other features available with the full version of Backup Exec System Recovery.

Try as I might I cannot find the product option called Backup Exec for Windows Servers System Recovery 
to add to Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Edition Premium 12.5

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Regards

Oliver
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS) and Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) are two seperate products
There is not an option in BEWS to install System Recovery.  If you wish to use BESR, you will need to contact your sales rep for the licenses, but you can download a trial version of the software from http://www.backupexec.com

teiva-boy
Level 6
 The BESRO was discountinued, and you can only purchase the full blown product.  It was sold briefly with version 12.