cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment recovery

Level 2
After doing a disaster recovery of exchange 2000 mailboxes (bricklevel restore of all the mailboxes at the same time) I notices that some of my users attachments are restored incorrectly. Some of the attachments are actually restored into wrong mailbox. This is a rather serious case, sensitive information can be read by employees that should not have access to that kind of information/attachments. Please advice.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following steps restoring Exchange.

Title:
Disaster Recovery Procedure for Exchange 2000
http://support.veritas.com/docs/235756

Please inform us if the same issue persists after following the steps mentioned in the above mentioned technote.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Level 2
Thanks for the information, but my problem was that I had to restore single mailboxes into a new information store because the restore procedyre desicribed above did not work. Unsure why. The recovery process (from brick-level backup ) went ok, exept from that some attachements did not restore to the correct mailboxes. My question is therefor how this could happend?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please ensure that you put in the "display name" during restores.
The "display name" is can be seen in backup Selection list.
Verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered
threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.