cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to restore and I get a V-79-57344-33928 error message.

speedtre
Level 2

I'm using Backup Exec 2010 R2.  I'm trying to restore a users home directory.  When I do a restore from the last full backup it works great.  I'm then tryng to restore the subsequent incremental backups and it continually fails with this error message.

Error category : Security Errors Error : e0008488 - Access is denied.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33928

My backup server is Windows 2008 R2 64Bit and so is the server I'm trying to restore too.  I thought it might be an issue with the permissions on the directory I was trying to restore too, so I created a new directory and gave the account doing the restore explicit ownership and the I get the same issue....I can do a restore from the full backup, no problems, but the restore from the incremental backup gives the same error message.  It starts to run, says it copies about 58K and then times out around 7 minutes with the error message and nothing copied.   Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try your restore again, but this time, don't restore the permissions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Try your restore again, but this time, don't restore the permissions.

speedtre
Level 2

pkh...I just tried that and got the same error...thanks for the suggestion though.

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Thats a strange one. See if the suggestions in this TN help http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH30739

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You said that you can restore from the full backup, but not from the incremental.  Have you tried to restore from another incremental?