cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auftrag zur VM-Sicherung findet Ressource nicht mehr

Stefinski
Level 3

Hallo,

nach einem Problem in unserem Hyper-V-Cluster, das inzwischen behoben ist, finden die Sicherungsaufträge der VMs nötige Ressourcen nicht mehr. Alle physikalischen Server lassen sich sichern.

Ich wäre für einen Tip dankbar, was da kaputt gegangen sein kann, und was ich da tun kann.

Viele Grüße

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stefinski
Level 3

I reinstalled the agents which belongs to hyper-V. All Windows-VMs and all RedHat-VMs.

After that the backup is fine. But to find out and fix the problem....

Thanks for your support.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Stefinski
Level 3

Das Backup war komplett eingerichtet und alle Jobs funktionierten seit längerem. Nach einem Serverausfall in unserem Hyper-V-Cluster bleiben jetzt die Backup-Jobs, die VMs sichern sollen mit "Ressource werden gesucht..." hängen.

Beim Versuch die Jobs zu bearbeiten, lässt sich der Inhalt des Servers nicht anzeigen. Also auch hier kein Zugriff mehr.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try the following -

1) Uninstall and reinstall the Remote Agent for Windows from the Hyper-V nodes. Check if you are able to browse and create a backup job or not.

2) If not, remove the Hyper-V cluster entry from the Backup & Restore tab and readd it. (This will remove existing jobs as well though, but not backup sets).

Also, is BE 2014 completely updated ? Do you see the VMs when you browse individual Hyper-V hosts and not the cluster ?

Stefinski
Level 3

Version 14.1.1786.1093, completely updated

1) done, all Agents (four nodes) now are fresh installed. And yes, know I can browse again.

I hope it´s not necessary to make all relevated jobs new?

Stefinski
Level 3

sorry, relevant jobs, or concerned, I ment

VJware
Level 6

Ideally, there should be no need for recreation of the jobs.

Stefinski
Level 3

Still not working.

active jobs still searching ressources. Other jobs needs endless time for browsing.

I already removed and reinstalled the Hyper-V-Cluster entry, but it don´t remove existing jobs.

I can see the VMs if I browse the individual Hyper V Hosts

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried creating a new job on the Hyper-V cluster ? Does it still get stuck at disovering resources ?

When you say active job, you mean the status of the running job is set to discovering resources ? If yes, check if the storage device is online or not. Also, uncheck the option "Discover Data to Back Up" from BE button - Configuration & Settings - Backup Exec Settings.

Stefinski
Level 3

Creating a new job on the hyper-v-cluster works.

Yes, the status of the running job is set to discovering resources. The storage device is online. "Discover Data to back up" is unchecked.

Stefinski
Level 3

in case of another VM I just reinstalled the remote Agent, and it seems to work. Before that, the VM still stuck at discovering resources.

I hope I don´t have to reinstall all agents, thats a lot :(

VJware
Level 6

Sounds like some sort of corruption. Does a repair of the Remote Agent help or only a reinstall ?

Stefinski
Level 3

I reinstalled the agents which belongs to hyper-V. All Windows-VMs and all RedHat-VMs.

After that the backup is fine. But to find out and fix the problem....

Thanks for your support.