cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failure backing up Server 2008 domain controller with Agent

psibrad
Level 2
I have a 2003 server running BE12, backing up a remote 2008 Server that is a DC.  The BE system logon account is a domain admin.  The BE services are running as the same system logon account.  I can log on to the console of the 2008 server with the account.  I can access shares with the account.  I can perform administrative tasks with the account.  However, when a job starts it immediately fails with Access Denied (0xe000fe29), V-79-57344-65065.  I have triple checked the account name and password.  Failure persists.  The security log on the 2008 server has an entry for the account (4625) Unknown user name or bad password at the time of job failure.  However, like I said I can log on to the server with this account.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
2 REPLIES 2

FurryNutz
Level 2
Any chance you got this resolved? I'm running Server 2008 and trying to connect via DOS NET USE and can't get it to connect. I can connect to Server 2003 just fine. Let me know if your still out there.

FurryNutz
Level 2

FYI,

I contacted MS about connectivity issues using DOS, support is no longer supported for DOS of course so I didn't get very far. They mentioned that Server 2008 is using different portals and newer technology connections, like SMB for connections. I did some other research regarding DOS and network drivers. I found some information regarding Server 2003 might have the same issue due to something call Digital Sign communications. I have been running Server 2003 as a file server and didn't see this issue. So as for my problem trying to connect to Server 2008 seems to be unresolved and probably a wont fix kind of deal. I regressed my 2nd file server to Server 2003 and now connecting to it with out issues. I guess eventually I'll have to find other means of connections in the future when Server 2008 is used. My 2 cents.