cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader not supported but is listed as supported

Michael_Hertel
Level 2
Hi,
I am trying to install Backup Exec v10d (10.1.5629) and when I do the precheck it shows the following:

This device is not supported.**

Product: ATL 1500 2.102.10
Device Type: MediumChanger
Service Name: m4mc
Current Driver Name: m4mc.sys
Recognized by Symantec?: No
Symantec Driver Loaded?: No
SCSI Port: 2
SCSI BUS: 0
SCSI Target: 2
SCSI Lun: 0

But then I look at the compatibility list, my ATL M1500 library is listed..

Can anybody tell me how I can get my library recognized properly?
7 REPLIES 7

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can use the BE v10.1 latest drivers.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/281696.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Hertel
Level 2
Actually, the latest drivers are here: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282974.htm

But according to the notes, there have been no libraries added to either of these new driver files..

I am downloading the latest one anyway and will see if it works.. I don't have high hopes though, because I had 10.1 with all the latest fixes and drivers installed before and it didnt work. So I reinstalled the OS and decided to start from scratch, but so far nothing..

I'll post again after the drivers have been installed..

Michael_Hertel
Level 2
Well, I updated the drivers, installed all the latest updates and fixes and it will still not see my Library :(

From the adamm.log:

0002:0000:0002:0000 Device Name ""
Secondary Name "\\.\Changer0"
Primary Inquiry "ATL 1500 2.10"
Serial Number ""
Device Flags SCSI
Device State 1, Offline, ERROR = 0x0000007B (ERROR_INVALID_NAME)

The library is up and running and windows sees it just fine.. We've been using this Library with NetBackup for years without problems. But Backup exec doesnt seem to recognise it. I have checked the Quantum website and there is no firmware update available for it either...

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Kindly update the Firmware of the device..

- Do you receive any events in the event logs...

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Michael_Hertel
Level 2
Do you actually ready my replys? I stated in my last message that there is NO FIRMWARE update available..

From the eventlog:

ADAMM configuration warning.
The device driver may not be installed for device :
Identifier : ATL 1500 2.10.
Type : MediumChangerPeripheral.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please check the configuration of the derevice with the help of the technote:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255501.htm

If the problem persists please revert.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
In looking at the inquiry return from your library, it does not match what the HCL shows for the M1500. These must match exactly for the library to show up in Backup Exec...

HCL shows: ATL^^^^^M1500

Your error shows: ATL 1500
(anything after the string in the HCL is ignored as this is usually the firmware level)

The choices are:
1) some libraries allow changing how the detection string shows up. In your case, change it to match what is in the HCL.
2) Contact Quantum/ATL to get a firmware version that presents the library properly.

Another option, though not recommended, is to set the library emulation to something that does show up.
Russ