cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader partition

hery
Level 3

Hi

I'm using Autoloader 1x8 G2 AUTOLDR and BE 2010 R3. The 8 slots were splitted as following:

- slot 1-5 partition 1 : daily

- slot 6 partition 2 : weekly

- slot 7 partition 3 : monthly

- slot 8 partition 8 : cleaning

Now I want to add slot 8 into partition 1. In BE 2010 R3 i notice the partition only can created using sequences slots, eq: 1-5 or 1-6 where slot 8 cannot move up to partition 1. Does someone have this issue before and can share the solution? As alternative, it should be configured like this: 1-6 for partition 1 daily, 7 for partition 2 weekly, 8 for partition 3 monthly.

Thanks

Hery

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since slot 8 is only for the cleaning tape, there is no need for a separate partition.  When there is a need to clean the library, BE will just use the tape in slot 8 to clean the library.

Even if slot 8 is not a cleaning slot, the slots in a partition must always be contiguous.  There is no way to have slot 1 and slot 8 in the same partition.

hery
Level 3

my target is to have 6 slots for daily, 1 slot for weekly and 1 slot for monthly.

it should be as following: 1-6 daily, 7 weekly, 8 monthly. back to my question, how to make for daily using slot 1-5, and 8?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As I said earlier, there is no way to do this.

If you need 6 slots for your daily, then designate slot 1-6 as one partition. You can then designate one of the slots as a cleaning slot.

hery
Level 3

does the slot sequence allocation limitation in be 2010 r3 or it could be more flexible in later version ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  It has always been this way and it is still the same with the latest versions. I think it is a hardware thing so it is not likely to change.