Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Restores

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario where I am taking a backup of SQL server , daily full with 4 differentials at an interval of 3 hrs. The backups work fine fine through the backup policy. What i intend to do is, i want to restore these backups taken to another server server, i.e. as soon as the full backup finishes ,it should start the restore job, when the differential backup finishes, it should restore this backup on the other server, in short i want to automate restores in a similar way how we can automate duplicates. Is there any way to do this by utilizing the post commands, anyone done this before? Help is much appreciated ...

Thanks,

Majid. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, there is no way to do an automatic restore.  You got to manually setup the restore job after you know what media are used in the backup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Unfortunately, there is no way to do an automatic restore.  You got to manually setup the restore job after you know what media are used in the backup.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Often asked for, so far, never implemented

There is at least one thread in the "Ideas" area of the forum (From the Grey menu bar, Forums\Ideas )  If it gets enough thumbs up, we may see this in a future release

But the way it is written right now, when you create a restore job, the volume to be restored from must exist in the catalog

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys for your response.... even with the command line scripting, it is difficult to get this thing done... hopefully Symantec will include this feature in a later release.