cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Backup & Restore together

shekhar-nashik
Level 3

Scenario :

1. One LOtus Domino 9 server : Online / Production Server. WS2012 Std edition.

2. One Lotus Domino Standby Server Server : This server is passive. It will come online if the online server fails.

3. Backup Exec 2015 installed on the Online Lotus Domino Server . We are taking a full backup of Mail  files ( *.nsf files) once a day and then restoring to standby server.

We now want to automate this process. Is it possible to schedule backup and restore ( as described above ) together ( May be as two separate jobs )? I tried to do that but when I try to schedule a restore; it does not show me the backup done. It show older backups.Of course it will not show backup which has not been done.

I am sure there are creative people out there who will find a way of getting this done.

-----Shekhar-Nashik

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You might be able to do it with BEMCLI scripts but the basic Backup Exec console has no way to do it.

To be honest for your scenario would you not be better off looking at ways to replicate your Domino Data instead of trying to 'bodge' a solution together by using a backup product.

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BEMCLI dies not support Domino restores

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You might be able to do it with BEMCLI scripts but the basic Backup Exec console has no way to do it.

To be honest for your scenario would you not be better off looking at ways to replicate your Domino Data instead of trying to 'bodge' a solution together by using a backup product.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BEMCLI dies not support Domino restores