cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Cancellation not working - Limbo time after job verifies

richaun
Level 2
I actually have 2 issues...

In case it matters though, I mostly find myself dealing with Backup Exec 11d on Windows 2003 Small Business Servers.  They are always Dell servers, and Backup Exec 11d comes with them.  They are fully patched.

Lately I've seen several times now where the automatic cancellation value seems to be ignored at times.  Even though the value is set for say, 10 hours... i see jobs running well over that.  I want to say that sometimes the auto cancel takes place, and sometimes not, but I can't remember an exact instance of this for sure.  Any comments/ideas on that?

And secondly, I'm dealing with an issue now where I have removed BE, reinstalled, relabelled tapes, and reconfigured the backup job.  What is happening is the job is running for 20 hours and completing successfully with no errors.  When I check the backup log, it shows the last verify completed after just over 5 hours.  For some reason the job is hanging in limbo for an extra 15 hours!  Any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance,
One heck of a perplexed IT guy
1 REPLY 1

richaun
Level 2
Ok, it looks like the 'limbo' time was when BE was prompting 'Please remove the media from the drive, and Respond OK'.  I configured BE to automatically clear the alert via Tools, Alert Categories.  I'm hoping that will fix that issue.  When the next days job tried to run Adamm Mover errors appeared in the Event Viewer and that days job failed.  So we'll see.