cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Scan of tape Vault Before Job Runs

brentlund
Not applicable

I'd like to have the option of enabling an automatic Scan of the taple vault in an automatic tape loader.

Problem is when tapes are rotated they are not automatically scanned, if you forget to scan the magazine after inserting tapes, your job will not run.

5 REPLIES 5

DarrenW
Level 3
Hmmm, so would I, but seeing as this orginal post is from 2008, I'm guessing we're alone?!?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Just schedule an Inventory job on your library 15 minutes before your backup job is due to start this will  identify the tapes in the slots which in effect matches what you need from your scan - but takes slightly longer than a scan.

BTW don't try to do anything with a pre-command on the backup job itself, pre-commands cannot contain utility jobs as the main backup job will already have locked the library before the pre command actually starts

DarrenW
Level 3
Good Idea Colin.

Cheers  :)

CraigMcK
Level 3
Is that if it inventories any cleaning media it will kick off a cleaning job?  Any idea if there's a way to change this? =)

DarrenW
Level 3
Craig,

If you partition your slots, so that your cleaning media are not in the range of slots you wish to inventory, then it shouldn't inventory your cleaning media.