Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic cancellations

Al_Capone
Level 4
Hi
Is anyone have notice the following?
When you are attaching 2 different backup jobs to the same selection list. you can't specify 2 different cancellations settings
Let say I have a selection list named BKP - D - W - Application X
then I want to have Incremental job call DI - Application X linked to the BKP selection
I am setting the automatic Cancellation to 3 hours
then I create a weekly job called WF - Application X linked to the BKP selection
I am setting the Automatic Cancellation to 6 hours
I go back to the DI - Application X backup job and the the Automatic cancellation is setted to 6 hours like the Weekly job...

In BE91 I was able to set 2 sets of automatic Cancellation for 2 different jobs
Is it because the new desing of BE10 is linking the 2 different jobs to the selection list and then it is the selection list that manage the backup jobs?

Thanks
Al Capone
8 REPLIES 8

Al_Capone
Level 4
Is any symantec employee can answer this?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you linked the jobs using the Policy feature? If so, have you configured the cancellation for the entire policy? If not, what procedure have you used to link the two jobs?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Al_Capone
Level 4
No I am not using the policy
Thanks

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

The "automatic cancellation" feature was part of the "Schedule" option in Backup Exec 9.1

In 10.x, the same feature is linked to the selection list, that means if you are using the same selection list for multiple jobs, then the "automatic cancellation" settings will be valid for all jobs created from that selection list.

The only workaround for this problem is to use separate selection lists..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I sure hope that v11 isn't the same way

That is one of the stupidest design decisions I've ever heard of.

Al_Capone
Level 4
why the hell you are modifying something that was working great... your policies sucks by the way... there was more to expect than what has been delivered

Sorry

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

We apologise for the inconvienience caused.

You could put this on the enhancement request site. We will be forwarding this as well.
<<>>

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Al_Capone
Level 4
be 10d sucks