cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic inventory

Ghost46
Level 4

Hello,

I have a library ibm TS3100 and i want to BE take an auto inventory and if a drive is detected but not in her good placement he moove the drive on the good slot without human interaction it's possible ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You may be facing a known problem. After you replaced the tapes in the library, do an inventory of the library and see whether the tapes appear in their proper media sets

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can either schedule an inventory job or you can set to automatically inventory the drives when the BE services are started.

Ghost46
Level 4

Okay and if i insert a drive in the slot 6 and her real location who i have save her information is the slot 5 BE replace the drive or not ?

Ghost46
Level 4

I have an other question,

if i add a drive on a group of media how i can save this information for when i remove the when who i have add when i replace this he is always in the group of media ?
Because i have test and i add the drive but when i remove and replace it and i take a inventory the drive is not in the group of media

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no facility in BE that will move a tape from one media set to another. You have to do this manually

Ghost46
Level 4

Okay if i place the tape in a random slot but the tape is in a group of media with her barecode i can save in the tape wherever it be ?

Because when i have take the tape in a group of media and i have remove and replace it, it is kick of the group of media ... and i don't have understand why

wherever it be

pkh
   VIP    Certified
A tape will remain in the media set that it is associated with until it is manually associated with another media set or it is used by a job and it is associated with the media set targeted by the job

Ghost46
Level 4

Ok .. When i have add one tape in the gruop of media and save his configuration it is allways in this while i don't affect it to another group of media ?

Because me in my first test i have add the tape on the group of media and when i remove and replace it the group of media have change to "groupe de travail" and i don't have understand why ...

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You may be facing a known problem. After you replaced the tapes in the library, do an inventory of the library and see whether the tapes appear in their proper media sets

Ghost46
Level 4

Thanks you so much i recontact you if the problem is resolve .. or not ;)