cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average flow very low in Backup Exec 2014

Guiga
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I have backup exec 2014 (it was 2015 before) installed on physical server and configured with ROBOTIC DELL TL 2000 (Direct attached).

If i make a backup to disk, it's ok with an average flow equal 3500 MB/mn

and if i make a backup with tape library for my physical server, i have the same average flow.

Now if i make a backup for any other server, that's the problem because the flow fall to 800 MB/mn

Really i don't found any solution in internet and i have this problem for three weeks.

Can you help me please.

Best regards

Guiga

7 REPLIES 7

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

If you backup to disk run as the same speed as the backup to tape, and the tape drive is running below it's rated speed, then your bottleneck is probably at the source.  For backing up the local server, the bottleneck is probably the source disks.  For backing up a remote server, the bottleneck could be the source disk or the network.

Guiga
Level 4

Thanks for your response,

But before backup exec 2014, i had Backup Exec 2010 R3 and everything works fine with average flow equal 3500 MB/mn for backup to Tape.

When i have installed this version, i have this problem, and i have also test Backup Exec 2015 but the problem persist.

Thanks,

Guiga
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to update the firmware for DELL TL 2000, i have downloaded many files but none of them works.

Any help

Thanks

guiga

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

To update the Dell firmware, you would download firmware from the Dell web site, then use the library web interface.  If you have problems, then Dell would be your best resource.

Guiga
Level 4

Hello Larry,

I have updated the firmware for DeLL TL2000 but the problem persist, any other solution ?

Thanks for your reply.

Guiga

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Troubleshooting performance issues requires deep & accurate investigation.  I believe that you are reporting that your remote backups are now slower than they used to be?  How many remote servers?  What environment?  Do they have the proper BE remote agent installed?  Have things been rebooted?  What else has changed in your environment?

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Accuracy and details really matter when troubleshooting.  Your other post has different information, such as different BE versions, different job speeds and different issues (backup speed vs verify speed).

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/very-low-rate-verification-phase-job

How many tape drives are in your TL2000 library?

What generation are your tape drives?

What interface are you using?  I would guess SAS?

What HBA are you using in your server for the TL2000?  If it is a RAID capable HBA, please make sure it is one of the few supported RAID cards. http://www.veritas.com/docs/000038683  if it is an unsupported RAID card, you need to change it immediately.