cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D Errors

Devin
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a BEX12.X on a Win2K3 32 bit server that cannot backup another server due to:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34036

I have checked the permissions and they pass the test. I have run checkdsk to no avail. The errors listed are as follows:
A selection on device \\server.local\Accounts Receivable was skipped because of previous errors with...
A selection on device \\server.local\Accts Payable was skipped because of previous errors with the j...
A selection on device \\server.local\AP Edits 2008 was skipped because of previous errors with the j...
A selection on device \\server.local\Bids - Proposals was skipped because of previous errors with th...
A selection on device \\server.local\Safety was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
A selection on device \\server.local\Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors w...
A selection on device \\server.local\System?State was skipped because of previous errors with the jo...

Backup- \\server.local\C:
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG - skip...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Applic...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Applic...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT - skipped.
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG - skipp...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Applica...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Applica...
Unable to open the item \\ecmserver.local\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT - skip...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG - ski...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Appli...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Appli...
Unable to open the item \\server.local\C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb - skipped.

Software: BEX 12.0 Rev 1364

Any help would be appreciated in resolving this issue.

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I suspect that Advanced Open File Option isn't set. Check that and set it if necessary. Just remember that Symantec don't recommend using AOFO with DB backups.
I get the same errors on another site of mine where we don't run AOFO as I backup a Navision DB in the same job. Lastly, check your licenses and make sure they're all entered correctly. It's another cause of that error, but doesn't happen very often because of licensing.