cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D Folder - Onto a Lacie 2tb NAS - e00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.

Tim_b
Level 2
We are trying to backup to our Lacie 2tb NAS drive named BACKUP...

All our backups are set to go there, Exchange, SQL, Main Storage etc....
They all work fine on a 300gb USB drive plugged in locally but not onto the NAS

The backup starts but when it gets to about 120-150meg it always fails with:

Error category    : System Errors
Error             : e00084f4 - An unknown error has occurred.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34036

The "Backup Exec Device and Media Service" were allready set with a Domain Login as suggested in the links...

I have setup the services with domain admin rights, and added these rights to the shares on the NAS drive

Then when making the B2D folder i use UNC to goto:  \\LACIE\backups

Can anyone please help me?
I dont think its a rights issue as i always get about 100-150meg backed up before it fails?

The backups start, then goto Queued, then snapshot Processing, Queued, then running, then fail after 100-200meg

I have tried recreating the Backup Jobs, recreating the Media Sets, the shares and restarted the services, i have tested all credentials

Pls help !

Message Edited by Tim b on 10-14-2007 01:06 PM
3 REPLIES 3

STeve_O
Level 5
What size do you have the b2d files set to?  By default its 1 GB, if that is the case move it up to 5 or 10 GB.

Look in your application log and you will see the error from BEWS and the Operating system error that is being returned.  Most likely loss of connection.

Tim_b
Level 2
thanks for the reply:
Files are set to 10gig

Errors im getting are:

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: LockAndRefreshChangerConfig() Unable to Lock Changer.cfg (g:\VERITAS\B2D\Changer.cfg). Error=2

Drive: Write() WriteFile failed 0/32 @204130 (\\backup.XXXXXXX.local\XXXXXX Backups\VERITAS\B2D\B2D000225.bkf).  Error=64

Drive: ReadFMTable() SFMB Not Found (\\backup.xxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxx Backups\VERITAS\B2D\B2D000224.bkf). Error=13

Drive: Write() WriteFile failed 0/32 @12226 (\\backup.XXXXXX\XXXXXXX Backups\VERITAS\B2D\B2D000224.bkf).  Error=121

Changer: LockAndRefreshChangerConfig() Unable to Lock Changer.cfg (F:\Changer.cfg).  Error=3

Looks like mainly Errors: 2,3,13,64,121
I will delete everything in there and try again

Message Edited by Tim b on 10-14-2007 02:11 PM

Dan_Wakeman
Level 4
This is how I finally fixed the same error after a lot of effort and failed attempts.

Test your tape drive to be sure it works outside of Backup Exec. I had an HP drive. Go to hp.com/go/tape. Find the link under "value added software" for "Library and Tape Tools", click that link, download the software. L&TT is a free diagnostic tool for HP tape drives and libraries. If it works, the problem is within Backup Exec. (I was using 12.5 with the very latest drivers, literally posted this week).
  1. Disable the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click on it)
  2. Delete the tape drive in Backup Exec (right click again, need to disable first) This must be done in Backup Exec! Doing the same in Windows Device Manager and rebooting did not fix the problem.
  3. Stop all the Backup Exec services (I did this with services manager & confirmed in Windows Services)
  4. Start all the Backup Exec services
  5. Start Backup Exec
  6. The tape drive should be re-detected.

Dan