cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2D folders filling up with IMG directories

rpowell
Level 4
Our B2D folders are filling up with IMG directories eventhough I have overwrite protection set for two days. some of the directories are a week oldThe BKF files are being overwritten correctly. I have to manually delete the IMG directories to reclaim the space.
Is this normal or do I have something mis-configured?

Message Edited by rpowell on 08-30-2007 01:00 PM
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Symantec really dropped the ball on this one.   This comes up over and over

IMG folders/files will NOT overwrite until either the partition is full or the disk reserve has been met (Disk Reserve is space reserved for non-B2D files.)  If you have a 500 GB drive and set the reserve for 100 GB, then 100 GB is reserved for non-B2D data, and when the combined B2D data exceeds 400 GB, then IMG data should start overwritting

rpowell
Level 4
Ok, great. Thanks.
I think I'll manually delete them as part of maintenance.

Message Edited by rpowell on 08-31-2007 07:04 AM

Scott_Straub
Level 4
I have been manually deleting mine, which is an awful, awful way to deal with this scenario.  All I wanted was ONE B2D file for Exchange, since it is duplicated to tape nightly (well, if the B2D2T process wasn't broken for Exchange).

Scott

My unsolved Backup Exec 7170 problems:
1. Duplicate Exchange job B2D takes 15 minutes to complete while D2T takes 14 hours to complete.
2. Barcoded tape media is sometimes "forgotten" by the database and duplicated as (unknown).
3. Tapes are rarely, but sometimes overwritten even during their protection period.  This is likely a problem caused because of #2 above.

rpowell
Level 4
Do you have hotfix 14 installed? if so, that's why your duplicate D2T are running so slow. if you're not using GRT you can just uninstall it.

Scott_Straub
Level 4
I am using GRT.  It's half the reason we purchased the Exchange Agent to begin with, otherwise we'd stick with a daily ntbackup dump and let that copy to tape with everything else.

Scott