cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAckup Exec 20 Capacity Edition

Bachchan
Level 6
Hello I am using Backup Exec Capapcity Edition 1TB  license. Recently the data on the servers is incresed to 1.5 TB . I know i need to buy 1 TB more. Is it possible if I can use the trial version on the existing backup server(BE Server) since it is a weekend and run them and as I get my 1 TB put the slf file for that and keep on doing the usual way?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

Quoting from article 100015943, for BE 20.X or later, if the capacity used exceeds 115% of installed licenses for more than 30 days, backup jobs will fail. Since you are about 150% of installed licenses, you certainly need to add more capacity license SLF (as you already mentioned) but don't need to install the product in trial version if you are still within 30 days boundary and it won't affect weekend jobs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

Quoting from article 100015943, for BE 20.X or later, if the capacity used exceeds 115% of installed licenses for more than 30 days, backup jobs will fail. Since you are about 150% of installed licenses, you certainly need to add more capacity license SLF (as you already mentioned) but don't need to install the product in trial version if you are still within 30 days boundary and it won't affect weekend jobs.